President Trump has appointed Yosemite Sam as National Security Advisor (American spelling). Sam has form wrt "diplomacy" and international conflicts:
- Sam was proactive in pushing for the USA to overthrow Saddam Hussein and invade Iraq.
- Sam said of America's failed Afghanistan war that "making Afghanistan serene and peaceful does not constitute a legitimate American geopolitical interest."
- Sam argues that the war in Afghanistan will be "won or lost in Pakistan".
- Sam, for good measure, wanted/wants the USA to become directly involved in Syria.
- Rounding things off nicely, Sam also wants the USA to bomb Iran and North Korea.
- For good measure, Sam also hates the UN and wavers between "defunding it" or simply invading it.
However, people should not be too fearful of Sam, he is in fact not the war monger that his public image suggests. In fact he is a pacifist:
1 He has promised Trump that he "won't start any wars", and
2 He dodged the Vietnam draft, instead enlisting in the National Guard and attending law school after his 1970 graduation.
"I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy. I considered the war in Vietnam already lost."