Title

Ken's Blue Blog
Musings on "the bleedin' obvious"; views on the meaning of life, or anything else that takes my fancy.

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Can't Sleep? - Don't Worry There's a Song For That!

 

No sleep!
Nessun dorma!

No sleep!
Nessun dorma!

You too, oh Princess
Tu pure, oh Principessa

In your cold room
Nella tua fredda stanza

Look at the stars that tremble
Guardi le stelle che tremano

Of love and hope
D'amore e di speranza
But my mystery is closed in me
Ma il mio mistero è chiuso in me

No one will know my name
Il nome mio nessun saprà

No, no, I'll say it on your mouth
No, no, sulla tua bocca lo dirò

When the light shines
Quando la luce splenderà

And my kiss will melt
Ed il mio bacio scioglierà

The silence that makes you mine
Il silenzio che ti fa mia
(No one will know his name
(ll nome suo nessun saprà

And we must, alas, die, die)
E noi dovrem, ahimè, morir, morir)
Fade away, oh night
Dilegua, oh notte

Set, stars
Tramontate, stelle

Set, stars
Tramontate, stelle

I'll win at dawn
All'alba vincerò

Will win
Vincerà

Vincerò
Vincerò

No comments:

Post a Comment